Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tales from my Inbox: Correspondences related to the Restless Leg Committee Spring Fling Benefit

Girl (sent at 10:16 a.m.)

Dear RLS Committee,

I am rather in agreement that the 3 of you leaving your jobs at the same time is a "visual impairment to the halls of New York's top firms". I sadly must remain lest those top firms become devoid of such a nice rack.



In all seriousness, however....I expect to be utterly WOWED by the invite, however you choose to compose it and whichever theme strikes your fancy. My guest list SO FAR (as i expect Miffy's to include all our mutual friends) is as follows:

xx von yy

xx al- xx

et al.

ps I’m left the last 3 slots open for whomever I’m dating at the time of the event.



Bop: (sent at 10:54 a.m.)

Dear Girl,

Please resend your list in English. I can't cope with names that don't end in numerals.




Girl: (sent at 11:06 a.m.)

Dearest Bop,

It sincerely troubles me that you aren't aware of the chicest possible addition to our guest list: oil barons? I trust you may suitably take care of the Tillbot Winston the 6ths.




Token Guy: (sent at 11:08 a.m.)


I do suppose we do need to have a few people at the party who might have something besides great aunt Kiki’s spare china set to donate to Restless Leg.


Miffy: (sent at 11:17 a.m.)


I Concur, though Girl, you may need 5 extra spots for dates. I myself can only handle 2 Tilbot’s during a given hour.



Bop: (sent at 11:30)

Touche. I will see what Tillbot is doing that weekend regardless.

No comments: