Friday, April 11, 2008

Important Lessons learned at the Maritime, Cocktail Hour

1) That Bums are a Crucial Contribution to New York Society

Girl #2: "Is it wrong how psyched I am that the bum outside the hotel just yelled 'Girl, you gotta EAT something!' at me?'

Girl: "No, we're like pretty psyched. Cheers!"

2) That We Spend Too Much Time on the Job

Girl : "Baby, I'm the riskiest acquisition ever to come across your desk"

Girl #2: "Ya, you don't want my assets in your portfolio"

Girl: "God, we really need to stop with this lame finance humour, what the fuck"

Girl #2: Big time, i think we need another (few) drink(s)?

3) That My 2nd grade teacher was right, We're all Like Snowflakes...No Two of us are the Same

Girl #3: "I mean, why can't I just find a guy who will knock me up against a wall and just go for it? Instead of like pussy footing around with all this fucking
conversation."

Girl #2: "Um, I think some girls like that whole conversation aspect? Wild guess though."



(Ed Note: Classes are on a first come first served basis...lidurally)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shudder to think where i would be without the infinite wisdom of cocktail hour lessons ;)

Anonymous said...

Martime, *shudder*
although where else would we get such life-altering wisdom...

girl said...

I'll have you know that such wisdom is derived from to the ability to consume cigarettes with one's lychee martini, an indulgence nary attainable on a spring afternoon save for at the Maritime.

In other words, touche :)